Milestones

• 1945 Founding of a trading company for nuts and bolts by Adolf Würth in the southern German town of Künzelsau

• 1954 Death of founder Adolf Würth and assumption of managerial control by his 19-year-old son Reinhold

• 1969 International expansion of the Würth Group, founding of the first European companies and expansion of activities in the US and South Africa

• 1972 Acquisition of the painting ‘Cloud Reflection in the Marsh’ and foundation of the Würth collection, which today includes some 17,000 works

• 1975 Start of development and sale of products bearing the Würth name: creation and systematic development of the ZEBRA in-house brand

• 1982 Launch of the ORSY system (ORdnung und SYstem)

• 1985 Doubling of Würth Group sales and continuous expansion: formation of companies in Australia, Japan and Malaysia

• 1992 Opening of the new administration building in Künzelsau with a public art museum dedicated to a vigorous exchange between the public and employees, as well as between art and commerce

• 1994 Assumption of the chairmanship of the Würth Group advisory board by Reinhold Würth and retirement from operational management

• 1995 50th anniversary of Adolf Würth GmbH & Co. KG

• 1997 Expansion in Gaisbach with an extension of the sales centre and introduction of the Würth online catalogue (WÜKO) ordering system

• 2005 60th anniversary of Adolf Würth GmbH & Co. KG

• 2006 Assumption of the chairmanship of the Würth Group advisory board by Reinhold Würth’s daughter Bettina Würth

• 2007 Adolf Würth GmbH & Co. KG becomes the first retail company in the Würth Group to post sales of €1 billion in a fiscal year, including sales within the group

• 2010 65th anniversary of Adolf Würth GmbH & Co. KG and 75th birthday of Reinhold Würth

• 2011 On 6 December, Adolf Würth GmbH & Co. KG celebrates the groundbreaking of its new distribution centre in Künzelsau-Gaisbach. The new building will lay the foundations for the continued growth of the company. The new distribution centre will enable an additional 60,000 order items per day to be picked. The warehouse space encompasses 17,000 square metres.

• 2013
The Distribution Center West is inaugurated after a construction period of just 17 months. With the new warehouse building at the location of the Group headquarters in Künzelsau-Gaisbach Würth prepares the ground for the further growth.

The Würth Haus Rorschach is opened in Rorschach (Switzerland). It houses, besides Würth companies, also the exhibition rooms of the Forum Würth Rorschach, a craftsmans shop and conference rooms.

​ ​